App use is a unique requirement of working with Convoy, and it is just as important as arriving on time and not falling off loads. Carriers using the app experience better service from our operational team. Through the app, we respond faster to problems on loads, reduce or eliminate ETA calls, and manage immediate detention payouts without additional paperwork.
You can check the loads impacting your score by selecting the “Past Jobs” tab on the main menu, and selecting the scorecard metric: APP USE.
The following actions must take place for a load to be deemed ‘app-using’:
- The correct driver is assigned to a shipment.
- Explanation: If a dispatcher secures loads, please change the ‘Driver’ to the individual that will be driving the shipment. The user assigned as the driver on a shipment will have their location services tracked. This allows Convoy to properly track the shipment.
- Driver completion event: For each step of a shipment (pickup and stops), a completion event needs to be logged, either through an automatic trigger via GPS, or manually select load progress button upon completion. Additionally, a driver can request detention through the app for eligible shipments.
- Explanation: Properly completed events allow us to monitor progress of shipments in real time, ensuring efficient deliveries. The information we glean from this can be used to adjust transit times, understand facility wait times, and properly compensate for detention.
- Location services are turned on: The driver's phone has location services enabled starting 3.5 hours prior to the scheduled pickup appointment time and continuing throughout the entirety of the load. Location services also need to be turned on for empty trailer pick up and drop offs.
- Explanation: With location services turned on, Convoy is able to provide accurate and timely ETA updates to shippers and ultimately results in significantly fewer ETA calls and text messages.
- Uploaded Bill of Lading: A clear picture of all signed Bills of Lading (BOLs) is added via the Convoy app within 24 hours of load completion. If you use a factoring company for payment, you still must upload a BOL within the timeframe. Please note, sending the BOL via email does not qualify as app-using, as the BOL must be uploaded via the app to meet this requirement. Learn how here.
How to ensure a phone is connecting properly to the Convoy app:
- Location services are enabled to ALWAYS ON. See how here.
- Ensure only one device is logged into a single user account.
- Power save mode is OFF. Having a charging cable on-hand during a shipment.
- If a phone has an OEM/Carrier power saving mode, turn OFF or white list Convoy.
Benefits of using the Convoy app:
Hassle-free Detention: The location services in the app allow us to clearly understand the length of time in the yard beyond your appointment time, easily allowing us to offer detention payments without the hassle of the normal back and forth.
QuickPay™️: Shipments that are ‘app using’ qualify for QuickPay™️, allowing you to get paid sooner, without the need to use factoring companies.
Hassle-free experience: With the app providing us automatic shipment updates, Convoy is able to understand where there may be delays and not. With that information, we’re able to cut down significantly on the amount we contact you via call and text.
To View Convoy driver app use standards, visit here: https://youtu.be/BzZNTFKqH-0