Carrier Resource Center

What do you need help with?

Carrier Score: How is it calculated?

Carrier Scores:

To account for a carrier's history with Convoy, quality scores are figured by combining scores from the last 50 shipments, 60 days, and 360 days. This ensures that carriers with a long term history of high quality are not negatively impacted by short term issues, while also accounting for a higher shipment count for carriers with high volume in 60 days.

 

A carrier's score over their last 50 loads and their shipments in the 60 days make 80% of their score, while 360 day scores receive the remaining 20%. 

 

For carriers that have less than 50 shipments in 60 days, their performance on those 50 loads will have a higher weight when calculating their score. 

  • Example: If a carrier has completed 39 shipments in the last 60 days, their last 50 shipments will hold a higher value over their 60 day score.
    • 60 Day weight: 39 shipments / 89 shipments (total of 60 days and 50 shipments) = 43.8% * 80% = 35.05% of total score
    • 50 Day weight: 50 shipments / 89 = 56.17% * 80% = 44.94% of total score

 

Conversely, if a carrier has had more than 50 shipments in the last 60 days, their performance within the 60 days will have the higher weight. 

  • Example: If a carrier has completed 120 shipments in the last 60 days, their 60 day score will be weighted more heavily over their last 50 shipments.  
    • 60 Day weight: 120 shipments / 170 shipments (total of 60 days and 50 shipments) = 70.58% * 80% = 56.47% of total score
    • 50 Day weight: 50 shipments / 170 = 29.41% * 80% = 23.52% of total score

Please note, the carriers 360 day score is based on 360 days prior to their last completed shipment. For example, if a carrier has not hauled a Convoy load in over 360 days and then completes a new shipment, their scorecard will then only reflect 360 days prior to their newly completed shipment.  

 

We understand that not every carrier has the same business model, therefore, they shouldn’t be graded the same as a carrier with an opposite level of volume. Our new score calculation allows us to have a more accurate and objective view into a carrier's performance.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 4 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments