If any cargo is stolen while you are on a Convoy load, these are the next steps you must take.
Contact the police immediately to file a report. Make sure to obtain:
- The name and phone number of the police agency
- The report number
- The reporting officer’s name and badge number
Collect documentation at the theft location
- Gather names and contact information for any witnesses or employees of nearby businesses, especially if they had video surveillance available.
- Take photos of the scene exactly as found. For example, take photos of the remaining cargo, broken lock and/or seal, etc. If the entire truck and/or trailer was stolen, take photos of where it had been parked.
Contact Convoy to report the theft: (425) 214-1769 ext. 1. Be ready to provide details such as:
- What was stolen - commodity details and quantity
- When it was stolen - or how long had trailer been parked in that location
- Where the theft occurred - full address, and contact information if it was a business
- Description of what happened - where was the driver when the trailer and/or cargo was stolen, is there a GPS with trailer and/or cargo, was any video surveillance available
- The police report information
Contact your insurance company to report the theft and file a claim. Take note of the claim number and adjuster contact information, and provide this to Convoy.