Convoy’s detention policy is $40/hour after 2 hours of wait time from the appointment time.
Detention charges max out at five hours per stop.
The following requirements must be met in order to receive detention:
- Driver is checked in prior to appointment time
- For reefer loads, driver pre-cools prior to appointment time
- Trailer is clean, odorless, and serviceable
- BOLs are marked with in and out times and signed by the shipper/receiver
- BOLs are uploaded via the Convoy Driver app within 24 hours
- If required by customer, a detention form is filled out at the facility
- Driver notifies Convoy at the 90 minute mark that detention will start in 30 minutes
How will I know if I received detention and where will I find how much?
Any detention compensation will be added onto your original rate, and an updated rate confirmation will be sent to the dispatch emails you have listed on file with us.
If I’m late, do I still get detention?
If you accept a last-minute load and expect to be late, please report your late arrival within the app.
Please note that if you call facilities to arrange your own appointments without going through Convoy, you will be forfeiting your claim to detention charges.
For all other questions please email [email protected]