Convoy’s hassle-free detention policy starts 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time and charges max out at five hours per stop. The rate is $40 per hour with a max of $200 per stop. Detention time is calculated from the app’s GPS data and validated with the BOL. The following requirements must be met in order for a carrier to receive detention:
- The driver is using the app with location services enabled
- The driver arrives on time
- For reefer loads, the driver pre-cools prior to the appointment
- The BOL includes in/out times with a signature from the facility.
- If specified on the rate confirmation and load details, ensure the BOL includes in/out times with a signature from the facility
How to request hassle-free detention:
- Ensure the app is open and location services are set to "Always" before arriving at the facility.
- Request detention during the stop through the app, or learn how to request detention through the Convoy app here.
- Complete the stop in the app as soon as loading / unloading is finished
- A notification will be sent through the app if the detention is approved
How to request manual detention:
Drivers who cannot access detention through the app must submit their request via convoy.com/detentionrequest. The following requirements must be met for the request to be evaluated:
- Driver is required to use the app with location services enabled
- Requests are submitted via convoy.com/detentionrequest within 24 hours after the shipment is complete.
- A BOL must be submitted and include:
- In/out timestamps from the facility
- A verified signature or stamp from the facility confirming in/out times
How will I know if I received detention and where will I find how much?
Detention compensation will be added to your original rate, and an updated rate confirmation will be sent to the dispatch emails on file.
If I’m late, do I still get detention?
If you accept a last-minute load and expect to be late, please report your late arrival within the app or to our live operations team at 425-214-1769, option 1.
Please note that if you call facilities to arrange your own appointments without going through Convoy, you will be forfeiting your claim to detention charges.