For specific rates on detention, pease review the third page of your Convoy rate confirmation sheet. Convoy’s hassle-free detention policy starts 2 hours after your scheduled appointment time, and charges max out at five hours per stop.
The following requirements must be met in order to receive detention:
- Driver is checked in prior to scheduled appointment time
- For reefer loads, driver pre-cools prior to appointment time
- Trailer is clean, odorless, and serviceable
How to request hassle-free detention:
- Ensure the app is open and location services are set to "Always" before arriving at the facility.
- Request detention during the stop through the app, or learn how to request detention through the Convoy app here.
- Complete the stop in the app as soon as loading / unloading is finished
- A notification will be sent through the app if detention is approved
How to request manual detention:
Drivers who cannot access detention through the app must submit their request via convoy.com/detentionrequest. The following requirements must be met for the request to be evaluated:
- Requests are submitted via convoy.com/detentionrequest within 24 hours after the shipment is complete.
- A BOL must be submitted and include:
- In/out timestamps from the facility
- A verified signature or stamp from the facility confirming in/out times
How will I know if I received detention and where will I find how much?
Detention compensation will be added onto your original rate, and an updated rate confirmation will be sent to the dispatch emails on file.
If I’m late, do I still get detention?
If you accept a last-minute load and expect to be late, please report your late arrival within the app or to our live operations team at 425-214-1769, option 1.
Please note that if you call facilities to arrange your own appointments without going through Convoy, you will be forfeiting your claim to detention charges.