Convoy’s hassle-free detention makes it easy to get compensated for eligible wait time at facilities.
To receive hassle-free detention, you must first report a problem at a facility and then request detention in the Convoy app before you complete the stop. Follow the steps below to request hassle-free detention. Additional details related to manual detention requests can be found further below.
Hassle-free detention request instructions:
- Tap “My Loads” in the bottom navigation bar, then tap the "Booked" tab to see active and upcoming loads.
- Tap on the load for which you want to request detention.
- Tap the headphone icon at the top right of the screen.
- On the support page, tap “Report Problem” and follow the prompts to provide information about the problem. Once complete, tap “Send to Convoy.”
- On the report confirmation page, tap “Add supporting photos” if applicable (see your rate confirmation and load details for specific instructions) or “Exit” to continue.
- After reporting a problem at a facility, you’ll have the ability to tap “Request Hassle-free Detention” for that stop.
- Within 24 hours of requesting detention, the Convoy app will show whether detention has been approved or not.
Manual detention instructions:
If you did not request detention prior to completing a stop or your detention was not approved, you are not eligible for hassle-free detention. You can still file a detention request using our manual request form. Requests must be made within 24 hours of completing the shipment and must be accompanied by a BOL that has in/out timestamps from the facility with a signature from an employee at the facility confirming the times.